This page serves as a source for information about how this subject is applicable to World 42 Roleplay. It may contain Lorebending information and such should not be considered 100% Jagex canon.
A Brief History
Skavids flourished in the tropical climes of the Feldip Hills in the beginning, however the God Wars and the Third Age led to many of them being killed or enslaved by Bandosian forces, notably, the ogres of Gu'Tanoth.
They are still enslaved by the ogres there, with most staying in their caves until their masters demand their presence. Some skavids have gone mad from the torturous labour they endure.
- Skavids are intelligent beings, with their own language and are therefore more than mere animals.
- Despite their reclusiveness, skavids are not unknown to the wider world - the Witch's Experiment from the Witch's House quest takes the form of a skavid at one point.
- Most Skavids know very little of the common tongue.
- Skavids physically resemble small, leathery humanoids. Their hands are cupped with three claws each instead of fingers or thumbs, and six fangs protrude from their upper jaws. Skavids typically do not wear clothing.
- It is unknown if the hunched posture of the skavid race is simply a submissive position they take as a result of their enslavement and subjugation, is a bypoduct of physiology, or both.
- It is unlikely a Skavid would be found outside cave systems and or free from slavery.
- Due to most Skavids having little to no knowledge of common tongue, playing as one would be difficult (at least in communicating with others).