Lain Silent like a Baleful Curse is a song and exploration into the futility of questioning fate and opposing one's own nature. It was written by Rosaline Haines.
- Life is not a fable where right is wrong
- Or wrong is right from the start.
- It is a journey filled with mistakes,
- Those to learn from, forging the path.
- But some of us never had the choice
- To truly live as we want,
- For fate has chosen our lot in life,
- Lain silent like a baleful curse.
- The Mahjarrat Ptolemos was one who
- Could not escape the cage fate had made.
- Endlessly he struggled with the void,
- Contained from within by design.
- Pursuing the salvation he sought
- And the love of his kind.
- Facing alone an elder god,
- robbed of his quest by those less,
- Ptolemos was struck down and undone.
- A lesson to be had and
- A lesson to be made in light of his
- Great, forgotten sacrifice:
- Destiny cannot be fought nor unmade.
- It is, it has and will be, always.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.