This page serves as a source for information about how this subject is applicable to World 42 Roleplay. It may contain Lorebending information and such should not be considered 100% Jagex canon.
This page serves as a source of information on Gnoeals as it is applicable to World 42 role-playing characters. Feel free to contribute.
Bane of yeti and northern adventurers alike, the gnoeal have the nightmarish ability to curse man into beast.
What is a Gnoeal?
Gnoeals are unusual curse-bearing creatures that live in the frozen caves of the north. The creatures vary in size about as frequently as a yeti would, and sport thick gray hair and goat-like horns. In addition to their long arms and sharp claws, they secreet a sort of green oozy substance that has dastardly effects on humanoid beings. Those exposed to the deadly toxin begin to undergo a wicked transformation, one that either over a course of many years, or a few seconds, will result in the form and manner of a yeti. The exact reasoning behind this transformation, as well as the motive on the part of the gnoeal is unclear.
- Gnoeal live in arctic regions.
- Gnoeal seem capable of secreeting either by means of magic, or naturally, a slime that transforms humanoids into yetis.
- Rate of transformation is directly related to level of exposure to the slime.
- It could be possible for a victim to resist the slime however.
- Gnoeal and yeti seem to be natural enemies.
- Gnoeal slime can transform men who fail to resist in any way into mindless wild yetis.
- Gnoeal might be able to cast other forms of ice-based magic.
- Gnoeal have a tremendous resistance to cold.
- Gnoeal do not seem to be of any incredible level of intellect.
- Gnoeal, like yetis, would likely not fare well against fire.
-Please add any relevant information.