This page serves as a source of information on Djinn as it is applicable to World 42 role-playing characters. Feel free to contribute.
Note that this is a page about the custom race designed by Tikhiyarost and not the typical runescape genie who can be found at this link here --> Genies
A Brief History
The Djinn have lived on their homeworld in the infernal realms for an extremely long time, going about their business. However, very recently, a magical storm in the kharidian has opened a rift between the worlds, into which many of the djinn were dragged, and brought into our new world. As of yet, nothing has happpened since.
This section adresses details about djinn that are widely accepted thoughout the world 42 roleplaying community.
- Djinn are divided into 7 clans each with their own niche. These clans are the Saharu, the Sokar, the Johara, the Jamiyah, the Feyat, the Muhalish, and the Muhtara. There are no other clans.
- Djinn are made of pure magical energy bound to a soul object. If this object breaks, they die.
- Djinn do not reproduce sexually, but through a strange ritual which consists of two djinn summoning magical energy and binding it to the soul object. Therefore, no djinn hybrids.
- Djinn are capable of becoming extremely powerful mages as well as competent combatants in other disciplines.
- Djinn have the ability to see magical energy around them when entering a meditiation like state, and if blind, it can facilitate sight as the sense is heightened.
- Djinn also have the ability to shapeshift, however changing into a new form is long and tiring so most djinn stick to one or two familiar forms.
This section addresses details about djinn that are subject to debate or speculation. This can either be because of inconsistent/non-existant information in-game or because use of the detail in role-play creates an unfair scenario (usually involving overpowering or another common roleplay problem).
- None as of yet
- As Djinn do not reproduce sexually there can't be any sort of djinn hybrid
- Whilst djinn are made of magical energy, they can still be physically hurt and killed.
Any other information can be viewed here []