Two orders of business!
The first is: I recently have done some updating to a personal character article for one of my oldest characters (Gwyn Val), and I found myself wanting feedback about the contents. I'm hoping somebody will volunteer to go through and read the contents and give me a review of both the strengths and the weaknesses of the contents.
- It can be about mechanical stuff (like grammar or quality of sentence structure),
- about the actual interest value of the contents (what's interesting, what's not interesting and how it could be made moreso),
- about relevance (is there something included that doesn't really feel important, is there something that feels like it should be important that was never included),
- about possible flaws in the character design (maybe her backstory comes off very suish or it seems unlikely that she accomplished something a certain way, or maybe you actually think I did a great job creating a realistic character and it deserves recognition),
- or really anything that's constructive and presented in a helpful, polite manner.
And again, I would prefer if any reviewers would present both strengths and weaknesses, as it seems like that will make the whole process easier to take objectively. Also, please understand that, while I appreciate any constructive reviews offered, there's no promise I'll take all of your advice.
The second order of business is: Would you, as editors, like me to set up a thread where all wiki users can request objective feedback from other people about the strengths and weaknesses of personal articles for which they are primary contributors?
If answering this question, please include answers to the two following points:
- If there is such a thread, are you likely to request reviews from others for any article in the future? (yes/no, explain if desired)
- If there is such a thread, are you likely to review any articles for others? (yes/no, explain if desired)
(If the majority of people are interested in neither or only one of these, I probably won't proceed. It doesn't do much good to have a bunch of people requesting reviews and nobody reviewing them, or a bunch of people volunteering to give reviews, but nobody who wants them.)